Understanding Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Causes and Symptoms of IBS
- Abdominal pain and discomfort, which is the most commonly observed symptom
- Severe cramps with changes in normal bowel functions
- Excessive bloating, and gassy stomach
- Diarrheoa or Constipation
in IBS Management
- The principal application of this herb is as a strong carminative and digestive. It reduces flatulence, relieves wind and almost instantaneously alleviates spasms of the colon. Mint relaxes the muscles of the colon, thus checking spasms and excessive colonic contractions successfully.
- It helps detoxify the colon and regularizes bowel movement. It eliminates toxic wastes from the bowels, as well as from the blood stream.
- The presence of Menthol in mint is the chief element that exerts a bowel comforting effect.
- Research also states that mint has the potential to ward off colo-rectal cancers.
Quick Serve Ideas for Mint : Natural Therapies to Treat IBS
To make mint tea, add ¼ bowl of fresh or dried mint leaves to a cup of water, and boil for 10 minutes. 1 cup of fresh mint tea eases stomach disorders, detoxifies your body, and soothes your nerves as well.
Meditation technqiues have been found beneficial in the management of stress, while Yoga is an ancient system which helps stimulate all the organs of the body and aids in normalizing gastro-intestinal disorders including IBS.