The normal pH of the body is 7.3, which makes our body more alkaline that acidic in nature. Fall in alkalinity of the blood may be associated with a wide range of complications and manifest in the form of several problems. Low alkalinity is also associated with atherosclerosis and hypertension. As per a study published in 2009, alkaline foods also play a crucial role in weight management and prevent additional weight gain. Including Alkaline Foods in your diet can prevent complications associated with Acid-Base Balance and aid in enhancing overall health
|Alkaline Foods are very Beneficial|
- Gastrointestinal disorders like acidity and retro-sternal burning, heart burns, indigestion, vomiting and nausea
- Headaches and Drowsiness
- Atherosclerosis and Hypertension
- Arthritis and Gout
- Nephritis and Renal disorders along with a wide range of metabolic and degenerative disorders.
- Oxygen and nutrient supply to the brain is improved which enhances the various mental functions like memory, cognition and concentration
- Such a diet enhances the absorption of vital nutrients and traces minerals effectively and prevents deficiency disorders caused due to inadequate of iron, magnesium, calcium, etc.
- It prevents the clogging of the arteries and aids in metabolism of the fats and thereby reduces the incidence of complications like heart attacks and strokes
- Studies have shown that an alkaline diet is effective in weight management and aids in weight loss.
How to keep the Blood Alkaline?: Top Alkaline Foods
Some of the foods that are high in Alkaline content include,
- Apples, bananas, peach, pears
- Apricots, dates, raisins
- Lemons, oranges
- Spinach, celery, parsley
- Chicken Breasts
|Nuts are Sources of Alkaline Diet|
Food that is alkaline is essential for our body and should be consumed in abundance to keep the ph level of the body balanced. Other meats should be eaten in great moderation while it is advised to go slow with various cooking oils too.